Meredith College values intercultural experiences in the classroom and in our community. International and permanent resident applicants must also submit:
- A course-by-course evaluation of the applicant’s academic documents, compiled by an independent academic credential evaluation provider, will be requested for any post-secondary work or Commonwealth advanced level examinations taken outside of the United States. Meredith recommends a member organization of The Association of International Credential Evaluators, Inc. (AICE), National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES), or World Education Services, Inc. (WES) for translation and evaluation services. Applicants are responsible for requesting an evaluation be sent to Meredith College.
- A certified translation into English is required for any original transcripts that are not in English and that have not been evaluated above.
- Non-native English speakers and/or applicants whose principal language of instruction has not been English must submit official scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) reported directly from ETS.org; or official scores from International English Language Testing System (IELTS) reported directly from IELTS.org; or official scores from the Duolingo English test, reported directly from Duolingo. The College does not accept any other English Language tests.
Test score dates must be within 18 months of anticipated enrollment date, unless the student has been enrolled full-time in an accredited American college or university in the interim. When registering for these exams, the student should request a score be sent directly to Meredith College.
The required minimum total score on the exams are:
- TOEFL (i-net) test = 79
- TOEFL (Essentials) test = 8.5
- The IELTS test = 6.5
- Duolingo English test = 120
The TOEFL Bulletin of Information is available at American embassies and consulates, or can be obtained by writing: TOEFL, CN 6155, Princeton, New Jersey 08541-6155, or online at ets.org.
The IELTS application information can be obtained by writing: IELTS International, 825 Colorado Boulevard, Los Angeles, California 90041, or online at ielts.org
International students must also present copies of the following forms to the Graduate Programs Office:
- I-94 card, Arrival/Departure Record
- Alien Registration Number (permanent resident only)
- Financial statement showing resources for a one year period
- Proof of health insurance
Applicants holding F-1 visas must list the school or college they have permission to attend and submit a copy of their current I-20 form. The College will assist them in the preparation of a new I-20 form, if applicable. Admission of a foreign student who requires an F-1 visa is conditional until the proper visa is obtained. A student must be admitted to the graduate program to receive an I-20.